9 Hot Ideas to Keep Fit at Work!
- Walk to or from work…This is a simple and effective solution to time being an issue and I have seen this bring results for so many clients! Start out with ten minutes and build up to a half hour at either end of your day. Get off the tube or bus earlier and walk the rest of the journey in to work.
- Walk or jog at lunchtime with a work pal. Not a new concept but have you been using it?!
- Use the work kitchen for press-ups at the counter top. While making your coffee, tea or heating up your healthy lunch place the heels of your hands securely on the edge of the counter top, shoulder width apart…bend your elbows as you guide your chest towards the counter. Keep your abs gently engaged and eyes looking at the counter. For beginners try 2-6 repetitions in a row for advanced folks do 20-25 repetitions and even try being on one foot while keeping body square.
- Do you have stairs in your building? Use them for quick, effective fitness blasts! Either do a lunchtime 2-20 minute workout going up and down or hand deliver documents to colleagues on other floors. Check out my rainy day workout which is a stairs workout here… http://www.charlenehutsebaut.com/rainy-day-workout/
- Does your business offer a gym or classes during the days? Yes….start using them!
- Stand more often while working. You will burn more energy and work your postural muscles without realizing. And….as recent studies show this is better for our overall health.
- Use body weight training moves in the office to tone and strengthen your body! Squats, lunges, planks, vsits and tricep dips are the most common and effective. Set the tone in your office for what it is to be healthy and fit!
- Ride your bike to work….again….not a new concept but have you been doing it?! When you arrive to a bike rack to lock up get underneath the bike rack first to do some back pull ups! http://www.charlenehutsebaut.com/bike-rack-pull-ups/
- Do you sit on a therapy ball at work? Practice this move to improve your posture and work your core….
Want more Office Workouts??? Check out my Office Wellness Digest Library…